Hola! Long time no hair update, however don’t fret this is a quickie. If you read my previous post you know that this NYC winter is no joke and it has contributed to me doing the least to my hair. The motivation that I have in the summertime to switch up my styles and let my curls flourish has been banished by my big faux fur hooded parka. I digress as I can’t do anything about the weather but I can put in a bit more effort with my tresses. Well a few weeks ago I did just that and revisited a tried and true protective style—the braidout.
This is what I did:
- Washed and conditioned my hair
- Applied a water-based leave-in conditioner (Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner )
- Drenched my tresses with coconut oil
- Sectioned my hair in fours
- Blow dried on low heat followed with a shot of cool air
- Applied Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer (key product) to each section
- Braided my hair (10 braids)
- Covered with a satin bonnet
- Unraveled in the am (with fingertips that were saturated with coconut oil)
- Fluffed and go!
I was pleased with this style and it lasted throughout the week. The first couple of days I braided my hair each night but towards the end of the week I just slept with the bonnet on and fluffed in the morning. Also I didn’t reapply the Elasta QP daily, these pics are from day 3 and my hair was still very moisturized. So there you have it, easy! What are your thoughts? Better yet what protective style are you rocking this winter? Do tell.