Hola peeps! It has been a minute since I’ve done a product review well here’s one for you—Miss Jessie’s Coily Custard. Usually I give a product at least 5-6 tries before I review it but this one was so good that I had to share! I bought this last week when I saw Ricky’s NYC well stocked supply displayed on instagram. I can’t help it , I am a product junkie. I have done several Miss Jessie’s product reviews in the past and for the most part their products work for me but not without some assistance from my old faithful—EcoStyler Gel. Well this one works great on its own and blends well with my fave gel…woohoo! Keep scrolling to find out what I did to achieve not only three but 4 day curlz!
My WnG using Coily Custard:
- Washed, conditioned and detangled my hair as normal.
- Lightly spritz with water since my hair is highly porous it dries out almost immediately especially around the edges.
- Shingled Paul Mitchell’s ‘The Conditioner’ through my hair.
- Applied Jamaican Black Castor Oil to my edges and coconut oil throughout the rest of my hair.
- Sporadically sectioned my hair and shingled the custard throughout.
- To ensure that I had enough hold I then shingled in a quarter size of EcoStyler Gel (Pink- Curl and Wave)
- Air Dry and finito!
- Each night I would pineapple my hair and lightly spritz with H20 in the am, fluff and go. Easy!
This was by far my best experience I have had with any Miss Jessie’s product. As this will definitely be added to my staple product stash and I give this an 8.5 out of 10! I had to take off 1.5 points because their products always leave my hair looking dull; I usually add a drop or two of oil for some added shine/sheen. So there you have it…will you be giving this product a try? Or better yet have you tried it already? Do tell.