Hola peeps! I have been so busy as of late that I almost let my nappiversary slip by. Today makes 4 years since I took the plunge and stopping relaxing my hair. I cannot believe how quickly the time has flown by. Has it been all good…nooooo but I am so happy that I did it!
**Here are 10 things that I have learned about my hair within the last 4 years:
1. My hair cannot get enough of H2O…really it is by far the best moisturizer for me.
2. Heavy creams are a big no-no. It sits on my hair and causes major build-up.
3. I discovered that my individual hair strands are fine and there are a lot of them; meaning I have high density hair (I always thought I had thick hair).
4. My tresses soak up products easily but hardly retains it therefore resulting in high porosity hair.
5. Olive Oil EcoStyler Gel is still my go to styler, it never fails me and always makes my curlz pops.
6. A scalp massage and a proper detox are essential in hair growth. I learned the hard way to never neglect my scalp again!
7. Trims are important but I will be sure to go to a salon that REALLY specializes in a proper trim and shape.
8. Wash and go is still a fave style of mine!
9. It is not good to follow the natural hair bandwagon;, I don’ t have to try every new product or gimmick that comes out. I now trust my own curly instinct.
10. There is no one who knows and will care for my hair better than ME!
So there you have it, I am looking forward to the next 4 years! Please share what you have learned. I’m waiting 🙂