Hola peeps! I hope all is good and that you are in a warmer climate than NYC because it is FREEZING here! Here is a quickie product review of Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner + Frizz-Free Curl Mousse. I’ve been wanting to try to both of these for a while especially the mousse since it is a new product. It was just my luck that I was browsing the aisles of Target when I stumbled upon both and at a BOGO 50% no less—sold! Here is what I did and my experience with the two:
1) Washed with Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo (it was trial-size and my first time trying it as well—not bad).
2) Applied Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner. I usually put my hair in two sections and finger comb unless it is really a mess then I use a wide-tooth by Ouidad. The conditioner was creamy, smelled great and allowed me to detangle my hair with ease.
3) After rinsing the conditioner out I lightly spritzed my hair with my own “Refresh Mix” (water + essential oils).
4) Separated my hair into four sections then smoothed and shingled through with the Frizz-Free Curl Mousse. The consistency was nice (not sticky), added shine and as usual the smell was great; my curls seem to like it.
5) To control frizz the that I always have in my crown I followed with a quarter-size of Ampro Pro Styl Olive Oil Gel just to keep it in tact.
6) Finally let it air dry then fluffed to my liking—viola done!
Overall I had a good experience with this combo and will be trying it again. On a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 7. Have you tried these products, if so what was your experience like? Do tell…