Hola peeps! Initially this post was going to be a product review then I thought well it really is an update about my hair. As you can see from the title that I got a hair cut! Brace yourself as it wasn’t drastic but I can definitely see and feel the difference in my hair. Keep scrolling to see and find out more about the cut/trim and the hair products that I am currently coveting!
I was chosen by Ouidad to be a model for their Carve & Slice technique. Basically they focus on the density (bulk) of your hair instead of the length. I was very clear that I didn’t want layers (I’m still trying to grow them out) nor did I want it short. I’ll admit I was nervous but I went through with it anyway. At first I thought meh but once I got home and played around with the shape it grew on me.
Once I felt comfortable with the cut I went into my product closet and pulled out Design Essentials Naturals Curl Enhancing Mousse and Twist and Set Setting Lotion. On freshly washed and detangled hair I applied the Twist and Set Setting Lotion first. I smoothed it on my hair then used a wide tooth comb to be sure that every strand was touched. Then I applied a few handfuls (about the size of a golf ball) of the Curl Enhancing Mousse to my tresses which blended well. I was pleasantly surprised as it didn’t feel sticky and there wasn’t a strong scent. Yay!
I was able to get 3rd day hair just with those two products and rewetting, however by the 4th day I wanted a change. So I glossed over my curls with Eco-Styler Olive Oil Gel (lightly) and pulled it up in a puff, which I rocked for another 2 days. These products combined with the cut has allowed me to lock it down for the rest of the summer; as I am ready for the rain, humidity and high heat. Happy curlz! Thoughts?
Hola! I’ve been M.I.A. for a bit and honestly you can blame the World Cup just a little for that. Yes I was swept up in Fifa Fever and loved it although neither of my teams (USA/Costa Rica) made it to the finals. Germany won and one their gold gifts besides the trophy were 24 carat gold dipped Beats Pro headphones. Oh and who better to show them off than fabulous Naomi Campbell. Unfortunately these are not for sale so I suppose we all have to settle for gawking! Thoughts?
Hola peeps! I hope that you had a wonderful holiday weekend! I sure did and by the looks of it Ciara had a relaxing holiday all while looking fab. Over the weekend she posted a few pics on her instagram page of her donning a fresh face and faux locs. I suppose she wants fuss-free hair since she has a newborn at home. This is definitely a different look for her but I am feeling it. Are you? Do tell.
Hola peeps! Sorry for the lack of posts, I promise they will resume on a regular basis soon. Anyways today I am sharing Latina Magazine August 2014 issue with LaLa Anthony on the cover. I must say that I don’t always agree with her fashion choices however she nailed this one….LaLa looks gorgeous! Don’t you agree? The short bob brings out her pretty facial features all while looking fab in a sparkly white and silver sweater. Kudos to not only her but Latina as well for a cover well done!
Hola! I am loving everything about this Tracy Reese Resort 2015 collection. It just exudes femininity, sophistication with a side of sex appeal—fab! The juxtaposition of bold prints, bright colors and silhouettes all work perfectly together. Take a peek and let me know your thoughts. To see all of the looks go here. Enjoy!
Hola peeps! Summertime is finally here and I hope that you are enjoying it! However with my favorite time of the year comes humidity, scorching temps, and random rain showers so we must keep our curls in check. On that note I have listed 8 products (stylers) that can help you through it all…some I’ve tried and others I plan to try. Let’s get to it!
- Curls Unleashed Curl Boosting Jelly—I have yet to try this but I have read reviews that was on both ends of the spectrum. This is a gel that aims to define curls without the crunch. Well I am pretty much sold as I love a good gel! I guess that this would be perfect for wash and gos and slicking down edges.
- Miss Jessie’s Curl Pudding—Tried and true to it’s word this pudding goes on smooth, smells great and is not sticky. It does provide a good hold and definitely defines curls, my only gripe is that my hair looked dull once it dried. This is great for a WnG, 2 strand twists and bantu knots.
- Jane Carter Solution Curl Defining Cream—This is a fantastic cream for dry kinky strands that needs that extra bit of moisture. I have tried this on my WNG and twists before and the results were great! Also this cream is good at slicking down edges when you want to rock a bun.
- Taliah Waajid Curly Curl Cream—This is a very rich cream that is great at moisturizing tresses and serves as a protectant against harmful rays (IMO). Of course I tried this on my WnG but also found out that it provides a good hold for braid outs as well.
- Curls Gel-Les’C—As of yet I haven’t tried this product but lots of curlies are raving about it. However I think that this gel may be best for finer curl textures (i.e. 3A-3B) and would probably be great for to use on WnG with a soft hold.
- Shea Moisture Curling Gel Souffle—This is a beloved brand within the natural hair community and many love this gel as well. I reviewed this product a few years ago (go here to read) and it wasn’t the greatest for me. However when paired with their Curl Enhancing Smoothie to do two strand twists expect a luscious, fluffy twist-out the very next day.
- Carol’s Daughter Styling Pudding—I’m intrigued by this product because I am unsure if this similar to their infamous Hair Milk wrapped in new packaging or if it is a new formula altogether. I would guess that the consistency would be creamy yet not too thick since it is a “pudding”, perhaps this would work best to set hair for a flexi-rod set or a bantu knot-out.
- Shea Radiance Maximum Curl Defining Cream—This cream is suppose to gently hold, resist humidity and define curls so I would try using this with braid-out. I would guess that it would give a controlled voluminous look.
So there you have it, 8 products to get you through the summer months. Gel, pudding, cream and soufflé…there is something for everyone and every style imaginable. I am sure that I left out quite a few however don’t be shy, leave a comment below and let me know. I challenge you (and myself) to explore and have fun with our hair during the best season of the year. Enjoy!
Hola peeps! Well Princess Lupita strikes again and this time she has taken over the cover of the July 2014 issue of VOGUE. Look at that pretty smile, gleaming skin and perfect bone structure…simply beautiful! She can do no wrong, don’t you agree?